R65.00 – R275.00
A skin perfecting Retinol serum that improves skin’s surface as it treats signs of sun damage, rough texture, wrinkles, and surface imperfections.
Retinol is an inherently unstable ingredient and is typically dissolved in oil to maintain it’s stability. 0.5% Retinol is a well tolerated, stable formulation which can be used by a wider range of skin types. A powerful therapy without the inherent oiliness of conventional Retinol therapies.
The Mix Of Ingredients
Aqua, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Panthenol, Retinol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Polysaccharide, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, 1,2-Octanediol, Tropolone, Disodium EDTA.
SKIN functional strives to continuously bring you the best product and therefore there may be formulation updates which may result in the ingredient list on the website and carton differing.
Vitamin A derivative, is effective for ageing, acne and dark spot concerns. Retinol inhibits collagen breakdown that causes elastosis, unclogs blocked pores, reducing acne breakouts. Promotes cell turnover, encouraging new cell growth for a more even complexion.
Good To Know
- pH 5,5 – 6,0
- Water based serum.
- Fragrance free.
- Silicone free.
- Alcohol free.
- Cruelty free.
- Allergy and Toxicologically tested.
- Lovingly created in South Africa.
Best Way To Use
- Limit initial use to three times per week, applying two to three drops, only in the evening after cleansing. Gradually increase the frequency of application to every night.
- If using a water-based serum, this would be applied before the 0.5% Retinol.
Suitable Skin Types
Say Goodbye To
- Sun damage
- Fine lines / wrinkles
- Dullness / poor complexion
- Loss of firmness / elasticity
For Your Safety
- Patch test before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Use sunscreen every morning.
- If irritation occurs, stop use. If problem persists, see a doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Not suitable for someone with a mushroom allergy.
Sunburn alert: This product contains an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- Kong R, Cui Y, Fisher GJ, Wang X, Cehn Y, Schneider LM, Maimudar G. A comparative study of the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on histological, molecular and clinical properties of human skin. J Cosmet Dermatol 2016; 49-57.
- Zaenglein AL. Topical retinoids in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Dept of Dermatol Paed 2008; 27(3):177-82.
- Chien A. Retinoids in Acne Management: Review of Current Understanding, Future Considerations, and Focus on Topical Treatments. J Drugs Dermatol 2018; 17(12):51-55.
- Fisher GJ, Voorhees JJ. Molecular mechanisms of photaging and its prevention by retinoic acid: ultraviolet irrigation induces MAP kinase signal transduction cascades that induce AP-1 regulated matrix metallproteinases that degrade human skin in vivo. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 1998; 3(1):61-68.
- Rona C, Vailati F, Berardesca E. The cosmetic treatment of wrinkles. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2004; 3(1):26-34.
|The Cosmetics Notification Portal (CPNP) is an online notification system created for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 882/2004, 1223/2009 on cosmetic products. The certification of our products includes: Microbiological, Physico-Chemical, Dermatological tests, CPSR – Cosmetic Product Safety Report. Packaging migration studies in the product, Stability studies, PIF documents.|
18 reviews for 0.5% Retinol
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Liani Austin (verified owner) –
This, together with the 2% BHA tonic, has given me much clearer skin. I am not sure of I am imagining myself, but my overall skin condition in terms of fine lines and dullness looks better too!
sonja.arlow (verified owner) –
This is a lovely mild introduction to Retinol. I may have to go up a bit in strength but as I have very reactive skin I really loved that you can order sample sizes to test out. This is absolutely worth the purchase
Chris (verified owner) –
Been using this as part of the Acne Oily Skin package and It’s a week now. The results are so great. I’m going to continue with my Acne oily skin package. I’m super happy with the product.
My skin reacts to alcohol and I’m glad these products don’t have alcohol. Happy skin, happy customer.
Kate Kleynhans (verified owner) –
Been using this, along with the Vit C serum for a full month now, and I honestly can’t believe the difference in my skin. I used retinol products previously but at a lower concentration, this is the highest I’ve now used. I’ve got quite sensitive skin, but only has small amount of dryness and flaking around my nose after the first few applications. I started with twice a week but moved quite quickly to the every night application I’m now doing – and my skin is loving it! I honestly think I look younger 😛
Fine lines around my mouth and eyes have reduced, skin texture is amazing, skin brightness has improved, and breakouts have disappeared and stopped. No change to pigmentation yet, but I know that will take more time.