February 2023 – Selfcare has become a household term, especially in the last couple of years. Some believe we can be thankful to lockdown for this while others say it’s overrated. The truth is, selfcare is far more than just relaxation, skincare, selfcare Sunday’s and pamper days, it should be a way of life. Do we really know what selfcare and overall wellbeing is? SKIN functional, local vegan and cruelty free skincare brand this February celebrates its second instalment of their FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU campaign which aims to bring awareness to selfcare, selflove and how to effectively establish this in your life for longevity.
Kevin Khosa Skin Expert and Customer Service Manager at SKIN functional explained that February is a time for love, but we believe it is a time for rediscovery, reinvigoration of one’s self, a time of transition and a time to reflect, establish and set the tone for the rest of the year.
“This month we are encouraging our customers, readers and the general public to participate in this awareness #fallinlovwithyou campaign by sharing your at-home practices for selfcare. What does this entail? We’ve broken it down for you in five easy steps,” added Khosa:
- First, get honest with yourself about which areas of your life you are serious about making changes in. Which areas of your life do you struggle with on a regular basis? What will have the most impact on your life? Start there and choose some small ways you can make progress in those areas. Write it down, stick it on your fridge and make a commitment to implement something small every day.
- If you’re looking to get fit, make healthier choices, or feel better about the body you are in, start with stretching every morning. This is a great way to get your body moving, release your tension and practice mindfulness with breathing exercises. From there, you can increase your activities step-by-step.
- Start making grocery lists that you stick to. Make sure your list includes all the good nutritious foods that your body needs. Some great ways to kick start your health journey is by investing in kitchen appliances that make eating healthy easier. Meal prepping is also another high-quality tip to assist in including more organic wholegrains and herbs into your diet.
- One of the biggest and probably one of the most underrated selfcare elements is sleep. Your sleep is responsible for so many anatomic functions in your body as well as emotional equilibrium. Get to bed early, meditate or calm down before sleeping, get comfy sheets and set a soothing alarm to wake you up in the morning.
- Lastly, but certainly not least is organisation. Reduce the chaos and clutter in your life by getting organised. When you are organised, you have less to worry about, less to stress about and less to make up for when you slip up. Learn how to time block, use a digital planner with alerts and be stringent in your daily schedule. Also, try washing the dishes before bed and leaving the sink clean and tidy, it really helps your mood when you rise the next day.
“By making these small, yet important changes in your life this month will naturally offer rest more rest, peace of mind and intentional selfcare without you trying too hard. Selfcare is a way of life and should be treated as such, it should not be work or take too much effort. Cut the pressure and learn to listen to what your mind, body and soul need. Happy February everyone! May this month set the tone for the seasons ahead,” concluded Khosa.