0,5% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol
A concentrated Retinoid cream, using the powerful benefits of Retinol, Bakuchiol and Peptides to deliver an effective treatment to address fine lines, sun damage and manage breakouts.
The Mix Of Ingredients
Aqua, Dimethicone, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Bakuchiol, Alpha Arbutin, Isohexadecane, Betaine, Bisabolol, Copper Peptide (CHK,CU), Retinol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Methionine, Lysine, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Alanine, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Glycine, Histidine, Polyacylamide, Butylene Glycol, Threonine, L-Arginine, Proline, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Serine, Leucine, Isoleucine Saphora Japonica Fruit Extract, Valine, Glutamic Acid, L-Arginine, Ethyl Hexanediol, C13-14 Isoparafin, Cysteine, Aspartic Acid, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Laureth-7, 1,2 Octanediol, Dissolvine, 1,2 Hexandiol, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.
SKIN functional strives to continuously bring you the best product and therefore there may be formulation updates which may result in the ingredient list on the website and carton differing.
A Vitamin A derivative, is effective for ageing, acne and dark spot concerns. Retinol inhibits collagen breakdown that causes elastosis, unclogs blocked pores, reducing acne breakouts. Promotes cell turnover, encouraging new cell growth for a more even complexion.
Bakuchiol, clinically proven to have similar results to Retinol, is a plant-based ingredient that comes from the seeds and leaves of the babchi tree. Improves skin firmness and elasticity, reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Increases the production of collagen and has the ability to assist in restoring damaged skin.
Good To Know
- pH 6,0 – 6,5
- Fragrance free.
- Silicone Free.
- Alcohol free.
- Cruelty free.
- Allergy and Toxicologically tested.
- Lovingly created in South Africa.
Best Way To Use
- After cleansing, at night, apply a pea size amount to dry skin. Introduce slowly in order for skin to build tolerance.
- Retinoids can cause temporary irritation, sensitivity and flaking until skin has built a tolerance. Apply sunscreen during the day.
Suitable Skin Types
Say Goodbye To
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dullness / poor complexion
- Loss of firmness / elasticity
For Your Safety
- Patch test before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Use sunscreen every morning.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If irritation occurs, stop use.
- If problem persists see a doctor.
- R. K. Chaudhuri, K. Bojanowski Bakuchiol: a retinol-like functional compound revealed by gene expression profiling and clinically proven to have anti-aging effects. International Journal of Cosmetic Science (36):3
- Kong R, Cui Y, Fisher GJ, Wang X, Cehn Y, Schneider LM, Maimudar G. A comparative study of the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on histological, molecular and clinical properties of human skin. J Cosmet Dermatol 2016; 49-57.
- Zaenglein AL. Topical retinoids in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Dept of Dermatol Paed 2008; 27(3):177-82.
- Chien A. Retinoids in Acne Management: Review of Current Understanding, Future Considerations, and Focus on Topical Treatments. J Drugs Dermatol 2018; 17(12):51-55.
- Fisher GJ, Voorhees JJ. Molecular mechanisms of photaging and its prevention by retinoic acid: ultraviolet irrigation induces MAP kinase signal transduction cascades that induce AP-1 regulated matrix metallproteinases that degrade human skin in vivo. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 1998; 3(1):61-68.
- Rona C, Vailati F, Berardesca E. The cosmetic treatment of wrinkles. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2004; 3(1):26-34.
|The Cosmetics Notification Portal (CPNP) is an online notification system created for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 882/2004, 1223/2009 on cosmetic products. The certification of our products includes: Microbiological, Physico-Chemical, Dermatological tests, CPSR – Cosmetic Product Safety Report. Packaging migration studies in the product, Stability studies, PIF documents.|
5 reviews for 0,5% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Leone Els (verified owner) –
I have used some of the most expensive retinol serums but this one wins hands down. love it.
Nicolette Odayan (verified owner) –
I’m so happy I purchased this moisturizer..very potent & effective..it’s doing it’s thing..started slowly & now my skin is used to it..I wait for the evenings to put it on😁..so impressed coz my skin is smooth & soft plus the dark marks are fading…thank you SF team for a another brilliant product 👏.. I finally found the perfect moisturizer..I love it so much😍😍😍 I’m excited to try your new products.
petersencher1 (verified owner) –
Love this product!
It is moisturizing and my skin has a visible glow the following day. It’s slowly starting to fade my dark marks within a month of using this product.
lsmith459 (verified owner) –
I love the consistency of the product – it is very moisturising and my skin feels so soft after I have applied it. I can definitely see a difference. My skin looks brighter and more even. I haven’t used it long enough to see if it helps for wrinkles and fine lines.
robynvee (verified owner) –
Very potent, so use sparingly at first and not too often. My skin glows and is much more even. Wonderful for those who want to combine nighttime moisturising and Retinol treatment into one affordable product instead of having loads of serums and moisturisers to apply.