6% Glycolic Tonic
Exfoliating Glow Tonic
A gentle, leave on, exfoliating Glycolic Tonic that removes dead skin cells and assists in tightening skin. Revitalised, plump skin with a healthy glow. Glycolic Acid that is modified with amino acids. Daily application with no risk of sensitivity and irritation.
The Mix Of Ingredients
Aqua, L-Arginine, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Betaine, Histidine, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Ethyl Hexanediol, Methionine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Tyrosine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tropolone, Disodium EDTA.
SKIN functional strives to continuously bring you the best product and therefore there may be formulation updates which may result in the ingredient list on the website and carton differing.
- Glycolic Acid
Is naturally found in sugar cane, which has a small molecular size that allows it to penetrate deeper into the skin to target a variety of skin concerns. Glycolic Acid assists in unclogging pores, refining and diminishing the appearance of enlarged pores. 6% Glycolic Tonic reveals radiant glowing skin, by dissolving the bonds that allow old skin cells to stick together and thicken.
Good To Know
- pH 3,6 – 3,8
- Water based tonic.
- Fragrance free.
- Silicone free.
- Alcohol free.
- Cruelty free.
- Allergy and Toxicologically tested.
- Lovingly created in South Africa.
Best Way To Use
- After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad and gently wipe across face, neck and décolletage. Allow the tonic to dry on the skin, do not rinse off and follow with a serum or moisturiser. Can be used morning or evening.
Suitable Skin Types
Say Goodbye To
- Dullness / poor complexion
For Your Safety
- Patch test before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Use sunscreen every morning.
- If irritation occurs, stop use. If problem persists, see a doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Not suitable for someone with a mushroom allergy.
Sunburn alert: This product contains an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- Babilas P, Knie U, Christoph Abels C. Cosmetic and dermatologic use of alpha hydroxy acids, J German Society Dermatol. 2012; 488 – 491.
- Smith WP. Comparative effectives of a-hydroxy acids on skin properties. Int J of Cosmet Sci. 1996; 75 – 83.
- Sarkar R, Garg V, Bansal S, Sethi S, Gupta C. Comparative Evaluation of Efficacy and Tolerability of Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Mandelic Acid, and Phytic Acid Combination Peels in Melasma. Dermatol Surg. 2016; 42(3):384-91.
- Green BA. Cosmeceutical Uses and Benefits of Alpha, Poly and Bionic Hydroxy Acids. Comecuet Cosmet Prac. 2013; 7
|The Cosmetics Notification Portal (CPNP) is an online notification system created for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 882/2004, 1223/2009 on cosmetic products. The certification of our products includes: Microbiological, Physico-Chemical, Dermatological tests, CPSR – Cosmetic Product Safety Report. Packaging migration studies in the product, Stability studies, PIF documents.|
10 reviews for 6% Glycolic Tonic
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
berni.pkb (verified owner) –
Both my husband (combination/oily skin type) and I (combination/dry/sensitive) use this product and are happy with it. It does leave my skin red and slightly warm to the touch, but it doesn’t bother me. We both find it leaves our skin smoother and feeling cleaner with less breakouts.
Depending on how sensitive your skin is, I might rather recommend the Mandelic or Lactic acid, but we’ve found that this works for us.
Savannah Nothling (verified owner) –
I absolutely love this product! It definitely is exactly what I need for my skin. For those who say the product is sticky, add a few splashes into your falm and pat on rather than using a cotton pad! It also saves product (mine lasts minimally 4 months with everyday application). LOVE THIS!!!