2% BHA Tonic
Texture and Blemish Tonic
A daily tonic that smoothes skin texture and tone for a natural glow. Salicylic Acid exfoliates and provides quicker cell renewal to minimise the appearance of blemishes, large pores and fine lines. A non-sensitising and gentle Salicylic Acid that contains no alcohol or drying solvents. All the benefits of Salicylic Acid with no irritation.
The Mix Of Ingredients
Aqua, Propanediol, Salicylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA.
SKIN functional strives to continuously bring you the best product and therefore there may be formulation updates which may result in the ingredient list on the website and carton differing.
- Salicylic Acid
Exfoliates the outer Stratum Corneum, (the top layer of the skin), encouraging new cell production which brightens overall complexion. Salicylic Acid decongests blocked pores by dissolving the type of skin debris that clogs pores and causes breakouts.
Good To Know
- pH 3,5 – 3,7
- Water based tonic.
- Fragrance free.
- Silicone free.
- Alcohol free.
- Cruelty free.
- Allergy and Toxicologically tested.
- Lovingly created in South Africa.
Best Way To Use
- After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad and gently wipe across face, neck and décolletage. Allow the tonic to dry on the skin, do not rinse off and follow with a serum or moisturiser. Can be used morning or evening.
Suitable Skin Types
Say Goodbye To
- Dullness / Poor complexion
- Blemishes / pores
For Your Safety
- Patch test before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Use sunscreen every morning.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If irritation occurs stop use. If the problem persists, see a doctor.
Sunburn alert: This product contains an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- Draelos Z, Lewis J, McHugh L, Pellegrino A. Prpescu L. Novel retinoid ester in combination with salicylic acid for the treatment of acne. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015;15(1).
- Al-Talib H, Al-Khateeb A, Hameed A, Murugaiah C. Efficacy and safety of superficial chemical peeling in treatment of active acne vulgaris. An Bras Dermatol. 2017;92(2):212-216.
- Dayal S, Kalra KD, Sahu P. Comparative study of efficacy and safety of 45% mandelic acid versus 30% salicylic acid peels in mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019; 25.
- Lu J, Cong T, Wen X, Li X, Du D, He G, Jiang X. Salicylic acid treats acne vulgaris by suppressing AMPK/SREBP1 pathway in sebocytes. Experim Dermatol. 2019; 28(7).
|The Cosmetics Notification Portal (CPNP) is an online notification system created for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 882/2004, 1223/2009 on cosmetic products. The certification of our products includes: Microbiological, Physico-Chemical, Dermatological tests, CPSR – Cosmetic Product Safety Report. Packaging migration studies in the product, Stability studies, PIF documents.|
20 reviews for 2% BHA Tonic
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Nicolette Van Rooyen (verified owner) –
I LOVE this product, I suddenly started getting acne in my late 30’s, saw a difference in a few days. I was very eager to reorder and will continue using!